Saturday, 28 June 2014

Altered Cork and Flower Rosette

Good Morning

My project today is a paper flower rosette and an altered cork.  For this project I used First Edition Noir et Chic paper.  The flower rosette has an outer lay of double sided paper, the reverse is the same pattern but in black.  I then added a Prima flower layered on to black paper from the collection using my Spellbinders scallop circle die.  At the top I added an organza ribbon hanger.
I covered the cork in cream paper from the collection and then added a layer of organza, lace fringe trim at the bottom, more lace at the top and then added gold and black beaded trim.  At the top I added organza ribbon and a bow with a cream pearl bead in the centre.  At the bottom of the cork I made a dangle charm with beads from my stash.

I hope you like my project.

Thank you for stopping by.

Rose xx

Thursday, 19 June 2014

Altered Frame, Summer Garden.

Good morning,

My project today is for entry in Live Love Crafts June Challenge, Summer Garden.  The link to the challenge can be found here.

I have used a wooden picture frame without the glass.  First I painted the wood with Gesso, then embossed it with Stampendous Frantage Shappy Pink. To finish I added pearl trim around the edge of the frame.

I mounted a digital image on to thick card and inserted in the frame.  I used lace from my stash to frame the picture  For the embellishments I made a lace flower and used a bead for the centre and added a stick pin.  I then added a small rose flower spray from Wild Orchid Crafts.  The top left corner I added a beaded flower and the bottom right corner two more WOC flowers.  Top right corner is a dangle embellishment I made from a necklace and added a bird charm.  I then added crochet trim all around the edge of the frame and attached cream ribbon to hang the frame.

I hope you like my altered frame.

Thanks for stopping by.

Rose xx

Tuesday, 3 June 2014

Altered Dominoes Challenge

Hello Crafters
My project today is for a challenge on UK-Ireland Craft Swaps Group Facebook Page and it is to alter two dominoes.
I used wooden dominoes and covered them with vintage style paper then used Glossy Accents all over to make them shiny.  Black beaded trim with a small diamante in the centre has been added all round.  I then attached a few dangle beads on a chain at the top.  All the materials used for this project were from my stash.
I hope you like my altered dominoes and as always thank you for stopping by.
Rose xx